Friday, October 18, 2013

Rocket Man



4, 3, 2, 1, earth below us, Earth below us, Drifting, falling Floating weightless, Calling, calling home... (From Major Tom by Peter Schilling).


So I'm off. Sort of. I'm at the Cathay Pacific first class lounge in the San Francisco airport.



It's hot with the dim sound of clanging plates falling in all around me from the droves of people eating little sandwiches and downing drinks like they are going out of style. Don't they realize that we're getting on a 14 hour flight within the hour and soon after take off we'll be given a full meal? 

I'm not a 100% sure, but it looks like the lady across from me is taking pictures of me with her cell phone. I choose to believe this is the case and that she's not playing words with friends and instead texting photos of me to all of her friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment