Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ready, set, don't want to go

I tend to travel for work. Sometimes more than I'd like to. I've grown tired of posting on Facebook, I'm not very good at Instagram and Snapchat is for perverts but I still need a way to share my stories with friends and family. Solution? Blogging! Heck, 1,000,000,000,000 stay at home mom bloggers can't be wrong. Fact, 90% of the dinners my wonderful wife makes come from blogs. This tells me that there must be some goodness in blogging so I'm going to give it a go.

First stop, Goa India. I'm speaking at the 2013 Gartner CIO summit there. No, I'm not a keynote speaker (so stop asking!). I'm one of the second-tier speakers but I'm the main Googler speaker so that must count for something (to someone). Anywho, it promises to be a great trip. Other than the following travel route:

Depart: Friday Oct 18th @ 1:00 am PT
Arrive Hong Kong Sat Oct 19th 6:00 am
11 hour layover (is that even possible?)
Depart: Hong Kong Sat Oct 19th @ 5:30 pm
Arrive: Mumbai, India Sat Oct 19th @ 9:10 pm (used to be Bombay, that's pretty cool)
Spend the night
Depart: Mumbai Sunday Oct 20th @ 12:10 pm
Arrive: Goa Sunday Oct 20th @ 1:00 pm

Hmmm. I think that's it. What happened to over the river and through the woods? I don't know which is worse. The 14 hours in coach to Hong Kong or the 11 hour layover once I get there. No need to fret. I've been to Hong Kong many times and will spend the day kicking around doing some things.

The fun starts in two days. I get to sleep in my own bed two more nights before I head out. Once I'm on the road I'm fine. It's the day or two before I leave where the dread starts to build. Is it wrong to still get homesick?

1 comment: